How to Quickly Copy Attributes (Appearance) in Adobe Illustrator
In this quick tip, I will explain to you two ways to copy attributes (strokes, fills and dynamic effects) from one object to another in Adobe Illustrator.
Two easy ways to copy attributes in IllustratorAs you already know, attributes live in Appearance panel (Window > Appearance).
The first way which I will demonstrate is using Appearance panel:
- Select object with appearance (attributes) that you want to copy to see its attributes in Window > Appearance panel.
- Click on small thumbnail preview in the top left corner of the Appearance panel and drag.
- Navigate mouse over the path to which you want to copy attributes. When plus (+) sign appear below the cursor release mouse button to copy appearance or attributes.
The second method is also easy but requires Window > Layers panel visible:
- Navigate mouse over: Click to target, drag to move appearance circle on the right side of object from which you want to copy appearance (attributes)
- Hold down Alt/Opt key and drag onto object to which you want to copy appearance (attributes) and release mouse button.
Product used in this tutorial:
Adobe Illustrator CC 2017